Chriss Powell is a well known American personal trainer on Extreme Weight Loss, a U.S. reality show. He is also an author of two books, namely Choose More, Lose More for Life and Choose to Lose: The 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution. ‘Chris Powell’s diet plan can help even the most overweight individual to get on the path to healthy living and see results right away’.
What Powell’s weight loss plan is about? He basically states that a proper fitness training and exercises combined with a rigorous dietary plan is the best way to lose weight for those who have lost their faith and do not believe in themselves. Chris Powell has a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist certification which gives him all rights to be trusted by people who wrest with overweight.
Chris’s book titled Choose to Lose: The 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution gives a reader a sensational diet plan. The plan contains three meals and two snack a day (interchangeably: a low-carb plan and a high-carb plan). According to Powell’s assumptions, a grown avarage women eats more or less 1,200 calories a day (a low carb day), 1,500 calories a day (hight carb day) and about 2,400 calories on a cheat day while a grown man consumes 1,500 calories a day on a low carb day, 2,000 on a high carb day and about 3,000 calories if cheating.
When it comes to exercises, Powell adheres to the 3-2-1 training rule. He exerts the same high-low routine as it was with his diet, including intervals so the fat and calories burn faster. The 3-2-1 plan consists of three steps: 3 Minutes Low Intensity (one can make a conversation and breath easily), 2 Minutes Moderate Intensity (heavy breath but the conversation is possible), 1 Minute High Intensity (heavy breath and the conversation longer than three words is not possible).
According to what Chris suggests, if you want to lose some weight you should be focused on food, exercise and motivation. If food is taken into consideration, the following examples serve to suggest how Powell’s high-carb and low-carb day menu can look like:
High Carb Day
- Breakfast: ½ cup of low-fat granola with one tablespoon vanilla protein powder mixed with ½ cup of almond milk
- Snack: 1 non-fat Yoghurt mixed with ½ cup of low-fat granola and a speck of Stevia
- Lunch: Chicken Tostadas 1
- Snack: Chocolate Oatmeal Shake (2 scoop chocolate protein powder blended with ½ cup of almond milk and ¾ cup of regular oatmeal).
- Dinner: Chicken Stir Fry 2
Low Carb Day:
- Breakfast: 1 banana, 2 stalks celery, 1 dash Stevia, 1 cup of non-fat yoghurt
- Snack: 1 cup of nonfat cottage cheese blended with 3tbsp of salsa and ½ cup of chopped tomato served with 1/3 of a sliced avocado)
- Lunch: Asian Wraps3
- Snack: Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake (1 scoop of chocolate protein powder blended with 1 tbsp of peanut butter and ½ cup of almond milk)
- Dinner: Chicken Veggie Parmesan4
What is ubiquitously known is the fact that Chris Powell has helped a large number of people to lose weight. The following examples serve to show how much one person can achieve being self-motivated and focused on his or her goal:
- Sally Adams, a tour guide from Washington DC, who after breaking a leg ended up consuming 10,000 calories per day. After one year, starting with 335 pounds, she has lost 138 pounds ans looks stunning now.
- Ashley Johnson – it took her a year since she went from 323 pounds to 167 pounds on het final weight-in.
- Mike Giannulis – weighted close to 500 pounds. He managed to lose about 255 pounds over a year.
There is also newest book Extreme Transformation: Lifelong Weight Loss in 21 Days