Not everyone on a diet has a lot of time to deal with cooking, many people working long hours or spending long days in the office where they are not able to keep track of calories and checking tables. Brilliant idea is to prepare the meals the day before, but unfortunately for many people it seems too complicated. But it doesn’t have to.
Cooking delicious, healthy meals does not have to take up the whole evening; you can also freeze it and store it for later if more than one portion is cooked.
Recipe for with zucchini, pine nuts and lemon.
Prep and cooking time: approx. 20 min
250 g penne past
2 small courgettes or zucchinis
2 red big onions
handful of pine nuts
juice from ½ of lemon
½ tea spoon of red pepper/chilli flakes
1 spoon of grape oil
1. Cook penne pasta until al dente.
2. Peel the zucchini and chop it into medium chunks.
3. Peel and chop onions.
4. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan. Add zucchini, onion, pepper flakes and lemon zest. Simmer on a low heat until the zucchini is tender.
5. Remove to a bowl.
6. Sprinkle zucchini with lemon juice. Add pasta and mix well.
7. On a dry pan roast pine nuts until golden. Mix with pasta and zucchini.
The nutritional value per serving (1/4 of the cooked content) should be approx. around :
32 g protein
7g fat (1.1 g saturated)