Have you tried the South Beach Diet? Did you give up because you found the planning and cooking of meals to be a bit much? Or, perhaps, you have tried counting calories in the past and gotten fed up with the whole process? If any of these scenarios sound like you, then the South Beach Diet Delivery program is just what you need.
Frozen and fresh ingredients are used in the South Beach Diet Delivery program. The plan follows the three phases of the South Beach Diet (which we will cover below), and the meals are delivered right to your door. Plus, you are provided with seven dinners, lunches, and breakfasts with your weekly delivery. Read on to get all of the details.
Basic Background Information
For the uninitiated, the South Beach Diet is not a low fat or low carbohydrate diet. It was created in South Florida by a cardiologist at Mount Sinai Hospital named Dr. Arthur Agatston. Obese heart patients were the original population for whom the diet was created. Dr. Agatston found that soon after starting the diet, the patients experienced weight loss and improved health. This led to offering the diet to everyone. Nowadays, the South Beach Diet is one of the most popular diets of all time.
There are essentially three phases to the South Beach Diet. They are
- Phase 1 – Most people will experience weight loss during the somewhat restrictive two week induction phase of the South Beach Diet. Pasta, breads, rice, and most other carbs must be avoided during this phase. You can eat until your hunger is satisfied with the snacks and three meals a day. Some of the foods included on the menu at this time are salads, fat free cheese, fish, vegetables, eggs, nuts, chicken, meats, turkey, and shellfish.
- Phase 2 – Precise recipes and meal plans are included in the second phase. It sparingly reintroduced foods that you had to avoid in the first phase. You can plan on losing between one and two pounds each week during this phase. The phase continues until you have reached your goal weight.
- Phase 3 – This phase is more than a phase. It is about living the lifestyle. The focus is on maintaining your weight and eating healthy foods.
Specifics of South Beach Diet Delivery
The ideal way to still follow the South Beach Diet if you do not have time to cook, want to make your life easier, or you do not like to cook is to sign up for the seven-day program from South Beach Diet Delivery. With this service, you get
- A variety of delicious meals with wholesome ingredients prepared by chefs.
- Dinner, lunch, and breakfast for seven full days.
- So you do not have to, they coordinate your journey through the three phases.
- Every week, 21 complete meals are deliver to your office or home.
When you order by phone or online, you start getting your meals in no time. Once you are signed up, you can choose your menu preferences. You can exclude items you dislike. One problem with a lot of meal delivery diets is that the meals get repetitive and start to lose their appeal. However, each week, the South Beach Diet Delivery menus are rotated for increased breakfast, lunch, and dinner options.
Talented gourmet chefs use the freshest ingredients to prepare the meals. They are then flash frozen for maximal health and freshness. Until you are ready to enjoy them, you simply keep your meals in the freezer from the moment they arrive. If you live in the United States, including Hawaii and some parts of Alaska, all of these meals arrive at your doorstep.
There are different aspects of various diets that work great for most people. Below are some of our favorite aspects of the South Beach Diet Delivery program. They will help you stay on track in your weight loss plan.
- Follows all three phases of the South Beach Diet
- Meals are South Beach Diet approved
- Meals are cooked by gourmet chefs
- Only fresh ingredients are used
- No cooking or cleaning required
- No need to go grocery shopping anymore
- No need to count calories or worry about eating certain foods
- Expect to lose at least one pound per week
- More variety than most meal delivery plans
- Ability to exclude certain foods you may dislike
There are negatives about every diet that may lead people to failure. If there were not, then we would all be skinny. The South Beach Diet Delivery plan is no exception to this. While it removes a lot of the negatives that plague other diets, the biggest downfall is the price of the South Beach Diet Delivery service.
This program does cost more than if you were to buy all of the ingredients yourself. However, with the price, you are getting convenience. You are saving a lot of time. Plus, if you are one of those people who likes to go out to eat a lot, you may actually end up saving money on your food bill.
Because of the price, we would not recommend that an entire family go with this service. Instead, it is a great option for individuals and couples who want to be the envy of the lunchroom!
Another negative of South Beach Diet Delivery is that it does not include an exercise plan. The entire focus is on diet, and it is recommended that you exercise, but there is no guide for what sorts of exercises one should do. If you go with this meal delivery plan, we suggest also working out regularly.
Introduction to the South Beach Diet Delivery program.
“I had beautiful twin girls four years ago. I weighed about 200 pounds right after they were born. I did not think of the added weight at all while I was on maternity leave: I was too involved in enjoying my bundles of joy. But, once I went back to work, I did not have time to cook healthily. Fast food was my diet. I started the South Beach Diet to get control of my weight back. And, this was made easy by the South Beach Diet Delivery. I have lost 18 pounds and am keeping it off in Phase 3!” –Ginny in Charlottesville, VA
“I just wanted to get a healthier lifestyle when I started the South Beach Diet. I was not specifically interested in losing weight. However, I was not only eating healthier, but I lost 20 pounds after 90 days with the South Beach Diet Delivery program. I have never felt more energetic and happy!” –Woody in Brattleboro, VT
“For over five years, my size 5 wardrobe has been packed away. I was attracted to the South Beach Diet because I wanted to drop some pounds and fit back into those clothes. After just three months using the South Beach Diet Delivery service, I am back in my size 5 clothes and have lost 22 pounds. Not too shabby for a 62 year old!” –Wanda in Princeton, NJ
Since any meal delivery program is only as good as its meals, we have included a sample of some of the meals you will get from South Beach Diet Delivery. Each of these meals is from Phase 2.
- Black Bean Omelet – Egg white omelet inspired by Caribbean cuisine stuffed with onions, black beans, diced tomatoes, and Monterey Jack cheese and served with grilled plantains.
- Farmers Market Omelet – Egg white omelet stuffed with onion, ham, cheddar cheese, and steamed broccoli and served with roasted butternut squash hash.
- Salmon with Pepper Coulis – Oven seared salmon fillet drizzled with spicy yellow and red bell pepper coulis served with quinoa blended with Kalamata olives and sun dried tomatoes.
- Pulled Pork Salsa Verde with Mango Salsa – A salsa Verde using garlic, jalapenos, and tomatillos blankets pulled pork. It is served with mango salsa and brown rice with black beans.
- Mediterranean Chicken – Lemon infused chicken breast is served with grilled vegetables and Mediterranean style quinoa which consists of spinach, Kalamata olives, feta, and sun dried tomatoes.
- Beef Stifado – Mediterranean inspired beef served with dill chickpeas, grilled vegetables, olives, and orzo.
Losing weight can be difficult for anyone. Fortunately, our culture of making everything easier and more accessible for everyone has expanded to include dieting. This is nowhere more apparent than with the South Beach Diet Delivery program. Essentially, your diet is delivered to your door. All you need to do is put your meal in the microwave, press a few buttons, and enjoy a vast array of flavorful meals.
Though this service may seem expensive at first, it more than makes up for the price by saving you time on cooking, cleaning, and shopping. We highly recommend South Beach Diet Delivery to anyone interested in losing weight with little effort.